he pool, 6x12mt. and depth of 1.40mt., is exclusive to the guests of Villa Roncovisi. It is situated on a natural terrace a couple of metres below the villa level and has a wide view of the valley below.
It is an infinity pool with hydromassage. Under the pool there is a changing room with shower and WC.
The night lighting of the pool and its surroundings is particularly suggestive.
The cleaning system of the pool insures utmost hygene and eliminates any possible inconvenience caused by the chloride. The swimming pool has an automatic system for maintaining the correct values of the PH and of the chlorine.
The pool is open from mid April to mid October (under normal climatic conditions).
Around the pool there is a large sunbathing area with umbrellas, chairs, tables and sunbeds. Further down to the right of the pool there is another relaxation area with a gazebo and chairs.
There is also a childrens’ corner.
V illa Roncovisi is a typical historical Tuscan villa with exclusive swimming pool. This independent villa, built in the second half of the 18th century, is located on the last western slopes of Mount Albano, approximately 250mt. above sea level. Originally it was composed of two farm houses which have been joined together (maintaining however a total independence if required during the Winter season).
Explore the Villa Roncovisi map: Ground floor, First floor and the intermediate floor.
The external walls are covered with typical local stone as are almost all the surrounding houses, conserving the original aspect of the building, when it was constructed…
The villa looks out over typical Tuscan countryside – hills and olive groves, woods of chestnut and oak trees – all immersed in an oasis of silence.
For almost 50 years the owners have cultivated their passion for antiques and have furnished the villa with pieces acquired from antique dealers, auction sales or antique fairs. Some of the more particular pieces are the beautiful doors of the walk-in wardrobes in two of the bedrooms, the wooden 17th century plaque from a Florentine convent above the door of one of loungeroom. Two of the bedrooms have Empire wardrobes and chests of drawers.
The owners’ taste is eclectic and includes some pieces of Liberty period furniture, for example, the French mirror in the green bathroom and the Sicilian chest of drawers in the yellow bedroom. There is a late Empire sideboard in another of the loungerooms.
There are many antique prints on the walls, including geographical maps of various countries, and in some of the bedrooms and lounge rooms there are chests of the 16th and 17th century. Another remarkable piece is the billiard table, dating back to the early nineteen hundreds – in perfect condition. Many other pieces, more or less important, have all been chosen in the spirit of tracing our roots back to the past. Also in the garden one can find stone pieces, as well as old terrracotta Tuscan vases.
The surrounding area
V illa Roncovisi is in an area called the Valdinevole, as yet not ruined by mass tourism, and presenting all the characteristic natural and artistic aspects of the Tuscan countryside.
The villa is most strategically placed: away from the chaos of the cities but with easy access to Tuscan “musts”. In fact, 95% of the symbolic Tuscan landmarks can be reached within an hour and a half by car.
Montecatini Terme (5km.) 50 mins. to Pisa and 50 mins. to Florence by train. Monsummano Terme (2km.) is the nearest town and has 20.000 inhabitants and all necessary facilities and shops etc.
Within a range of 15/20 mins. by car there are many places of interest to visit – the Giusti Grottos with their hot thermal baths, One of the most fsmous in Italy, the Monsummano quarries, the Pistoia hills and mountains (skiing in the Winter), the Svizzera Pesciatina, innumerable Romanic churches, the Fucecchio swamplands (of great interest for the local flora and fauna) and many small tipical Tuscan villages, like Montevettolini, Larciano, Lamporecchio, Vinci (where Leonardo was born), Montecatini Alto, Montecarlo etc)
- all windows have mosquito screens
- all king sized beds
- single heating and air conditioning in all the rooms
- 3 fireplaces (one of which is two-sided and it is working)
- 2 washing machines
- clothes dryer
- iron and ironing table
- hairdryers in all bathrooms
- 2 dishwashers
- microwave oven
- 3 coffee machines (american coffe, moka and Nespresso)
- 2 fridges (a side by side one with ice maker and a normal fridge)
- 2 toasters
- fruit juicer
- wall saves
- courtesy line in each bathroom with shower/shampoo, hand soap and body cream
- exclusive Swimming pool
- outdoor furniture
- alfresco dining
- astonishing views
- baby cots
- sterilizer for babies
- 4 mountain bikes
- bbq with charcoal and fire tablets
- childrens’ corner with swing and slippery-dip
- acustic pool alarm system for the safety of our smaller guests
- fire extinguisher and fire blanket
- smoke detector on each floor
- carbon monoxide detector in the kitchens
- professional emergency first aid kit
- WIFI (WimaxiperLan system), immediate connection for 7/8 users contemporarly, up to 30 MB downloading, up to 2 MB uploading
- Netflix, for movies and tv series in original languages
- Bluetooth Bose acoustic speakers
- 2 TV 32″ LCD
- VCR / DVD
- billiard room
- piano and electric piano
- al fresco dinner
- infinity pool
- hydromassages (Jacuzzi tub or shower) in all the bathrooms
- amazing views
- parking – is exclusive to the villa inside the garden and is for up to 5 cars. (access to the property is not a problem, as the road is asphalted)
- public transport (buses and taxis) are down in Monsummano (3 km) and the train station is in Montecatini (8 km)
- no traffic noise.
- small dogs are allowed.
Our virtual tours
Ground floor part A
- main kitchen with table for 8, fireplace and antique bread and pizza oven (not usable), side by side fridge etc
- lounge room with two divans and double faced fireplace leading into lounge/dining room with table for 16
- TV room with sofabed for two, armchair, divans, piano and electric keyboard.
- billiard room with 2 armchairs and wardrobe
- downstairs bathroom with Jacuzzi shower
Ground floor part B
- dining room for 8 people
- lounge room with antique fire place (not usable), divans, card table with 4 chairs.
- well equipped kitchen for 6 with oven
- downstairs bathroom with Jacuzzi shower
Two staircases (16 steps in part A and 13 in part B)
All bedrooms have beside tables
First floor part A
- Blue bedroom: double bedroom with king-size bed, wardrobe, 1 chests of drawers, ensuite with Jacuzzi shower; balcony reached by a spiral staircase with single bed.
- Triple bedroom with 3 single beds, wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Bedroom with single bed, built-in wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Bathroom with Jacuzzi bath and shower, shared by the bedroom with 3 single beds and the single room.
- Intermediate floor: above the large dining room and reached by a staircase of 9 stairs, a bedroom with 2 single beds. The bathroom is downstairs.
First floor part B
- Yellow bedroom: double bedroom with king-size bed and ensuite bathroom with Jacuzzi. hydromassage bath and shower, walk-in wardrobe, antique chest, chest of drawers, two armchairs with small toilette.
- Green bedroom: double bedroom with king-size bed and ensuite with Jacuzzi shower, walk-in wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Pink bedroom: double bedroom with king-size bed and ensuite with Jacuzzi shower, wardrobe, chest of drawers.
Villa Roncovisi is perfectly dividable into two separate houses with separate services and comforts outside and inside. In fact in the beginning, in the late XVIII century, two families used to live there.
The 2 houses are totally indipendent because:
Outside they have different automatic entrance gates and parking areas.
The garden is all open but each part of the Villa looks onto its own area.
Inside an iron door can separate the 2 houses. Each house has its own equipped kitchen, washing machine, dish washing machine, satellite TV etc.
The Villa can be dividedtoin parts A and B, as on our plan- You can check both parts, room by room of part A and part B.
For the prices see Prices.